If you deleted a user's account by mistake you can recover it when both of the following are true:
- It was deleted less than 30 days ago
- It has not been permanently deleted
Accounts are permanently and unrecoverably deleted when any of these are true:
- The permanent delete option has been used on accounts in the deleted tab of search or list results.
- Accounts have been in the deleted state for 30 days.
- Accounts were automatically deleted after expiry or when not activated
- Accounts were deleted as part of an organisation delete operation
To recover one or more accounts
- Via search or list, find the account on the deleted tab of the results page.
- Select the accounts you want to recover.
- From the actions menu that appears, choose the recover option.
If the account cannot be found by search or list, you cannot recover it.
To permanently delete accounts
Follow steps one and two as above then choose the permanently delete option from the actions menu. This will permanently and unrecoverably purge the accounts from the system.
Anything to watch out for? (applies up to 22 March 2018)
Accounts that were manually deleted in the 30 days before 20 February 2018 cannot be restored or permanently deleted via the interface however our service desk will be able to help if the accounts meet the two criteria for recovery at the top of the page.