The API provides a mechanism to request a list of service providers for a given user account. This gives a non-definitive list of services that may be used by a portal-type application to enables users to access services. Ultimately the authorisation to a given service is determined by the service provider, hence the non-definitive nature of this list.
To fetch the service providers available to an account, a client application must
- authenticate to the API as described in Authenticating to the API.
- query for an account or follow an account link from another API object, or as the result of creating a new account.
Follow the link from an account with a
application/vnd.eduserv.iam.serviceList-v1+json object by performing a GET request to the following URL:
Where id is the value of the id field for the account object.
HTTP Response Code
The request was successful.
The account does not exist.
The requester does not have permission to perform this operation.
The response is an
application/vnd.eduserv.iam.serviceList-v1+json object. The service list resource also provides an Atom 1.0 representation with a media type of
An array of objects containing a service. Each service has the following fields:
- API overview
- Authenticating to the API
- API entry-point
- Fetching attribute schemas via the API
- Fetching organisations via the API
- Fetching Groups via the API
- Account management via the API
- API bulk operations
- Fetching available service providers via the API
- Generating authentication tokens for end-users via the API
- API usage examples
- Fetching statistics reports via the API