This guide will help you configure your SFX instance to work with the OpenAthens Redirector.
- Access to your SFX Admin Center
- Access to the OpenAthens administration area at the domain level
Look up your redirector prefix
Access the administration area as the domain administrator and navigate to the redirect link generator (Resources > Redirector link generator).
The part you are interested in is the bit like this:
Add your Redirector prefix to SFX
For details refer to the ExLibris documentation: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/26888/SFX_General_Users_Guide.pdf?revision=15
Even though the redirector is not a proxy, we can use the proxy server prefix function in SFX to insert the redirector prefix
- Login to SFX's Admin Center
- Navigate to Configuration > Menu Configuration > Proxy/CrossRef > Add proxy settings.
- Set the institute and for proxy type choose EZProxy Encode
- Depending on whether all of your resources are compatible with the redirector or not, set the use proxy option to yes, for all, or selective for selected resources (see p58 in their document).
- In the Proxy URL field paste in the redirector prefix from the OpenAthens admin area without the
?url=part as SFX will add this itself - e.g.
- In the Proxy IP field enter 126.96.36.199 (this can be confirmed by a nslookup of go.openathens.net)
Then submit the change and wait for it to take effect (about an hour).
Anything to watch out for?
ReprintsDesk requires you to use the selective option in step 4.