do I set up a custom attribute?
- Sign in as the domain administrator then go to Preferences > Schema editor.
- Drag an attribute type from the left into the account schema on the right
- For OpenAthens accounts: choice attributes are usually recommended as the put a definable dropdown list into the interface.
- If you are using a local connector: the text attribute is recommended choice as it allows the value restriction to be defined in your local system instead
- Fill in the details
- Tick the box for reportable
- Click done and save
- Populate data into existing accounts / make sure your local system is passing the data