When you add an attribute mapping rule there is also an option to add an attribute transform rule.
PLACEHOLDER - SCREENSHOT OF RULE SELECTOR
This is for the situation where the value you need for an attribute is not available from your system, but you can infer it from other values that are - e.g. you have attributes that identify the department and job role of a user, but need a value that tells you the country they're based in.
- Go to Management > Connections and select the attributes tab of the connection you want to work with
- Click the add rule button and select the transform rule option
- The target name will suggest attributes that already exist in your schema. You will need to use a schema attribute if you want the data to be releasable to third parties or reportable under statistics.
- The display name is how it will be presented in the interface when you look at an account
- Define your rule or rules and whether it is any or all of them that need to be true to assign the output value
- Specify an output value
PLACEHOLDER - SCREENSHOT OF COMPLETED RULE IN EDIT MODE WITH A COUPLE OF CONDITIONS
Anything to watch out for?
Next we add some transform rules along the lines of: when any of these match (office contains Edinburgh, office contains Bristol) output value is 'UK':
PLACEHOLDER - SCREENSHOT OF THIS RULE
Save and repeat for each country