On DATE all identified customers using OpenAthens LA (OALA) were informed that it was approaching the end of its life and that there would be no updates released after OTHERDATE.You all support will cease on OTHERDATE. Customers with OALA may continue using the software unsupported at their own risk after then, but we wouldn't recommend it.
To avoid problems you are encouraged to migrate at your next opportunity. Our hosted OpenAthens product includes the following features that OALA users may be interested in:
- As well as the option to create accounts on the system, OpenAthens can use many connectors for local authentication including:
- CAS ADFS, Azure, CAS, G-Suite, LDAP
- Anything with SAML Anything else , SirsiDynix. There is also an API option for anything you can access programatically and connect via API.
- Recently enhanced statistics and reporting options
- Flexible release policies
- A redirector function where the same links can be used onsite and off
- A managed proxy service