So that Wayfinder can be freely used by anyone whether or not they use OpenAthens, it has been designed to reference the metadata of multiple federations that . If you are in where a federation and your entity has a relevant
idpdisc:DiscoveryResponse> tag, then the all the visible IdPs of that federation will be included in search results.
|Table of Contents|
All SP software
There are various reasons why an IdP entity would might be hidden from Wayfinder using the hide-from-discovery entity category :
- IdP is not yet ready to go live / migrate
- IdP is one of our own test / experimental ones
- IdP represents the Service Provider (you wouldn't want to mix up Oxford University Press and Oxford University)
- Drag the bookmarklet to your shortcuts bar if you don't already have it
- Go to a page on the wayfinder domain and click the bookmarklet. wayfinder.openathens.net isn't pretty but will do for this. You You'll get a message that tells you it's been turned on (or off). It can only be turned on or off on the wayfinder domain, e.g. during a referral. If Wayfinder is embedded in your application you'll need to go there manually: wayfinder.openathens.net isn't pretty but will get it done for you.
- Hidden orgs will now be visible in Wayfinder to you in that browser .