This guide will tell you how to get the information you need to give your patrons / end-users to configure their Zotero extensions to use the OpenAthens redirector.
You should create your own instructions for your users - they will not find this page useful and our service desk will not support them.
Even though the redirector is not a proxy, we can use the proxy support function in Zotero to insert the redirector prefix
- Look up your domain's redirector prefix in the OpenAthens admin site so you can supply it in your instructions to your users - Resources > Redirector link generator.
The part you are interested in is the bit that ends ...
?url= - e.g:
This prefix is unique to your domain.
- Inset that in your instructions to your users
Example instructions for your end users
Put something like this in your organisation's style:
- Once you have installed your Zotero extension from https://www.zotero.org open the preferences.
- Go to the proxies section and replace any default scheme with the following:
[This is your domain's redirector prefix plus some bits that include variables from Zotero to make up the target URL]
- Clear both 'Automatically associate new hosts' and 'Automatically convert hyphens to dots'... or it will not work
- Add the following list of hostnames:
- [Supply a list of hostnames from your redirectable resources, one per line - e.g. awesomeresource.com, coolcontent.net]
- For best results, sign in to OpenAthens first