So that Wayfinder can be freely used by anyone whether or not they use OpenAthens, it has been designed to reference the metadata of multiple federations. If you are in a federation and your entity has a relevant
idpdisc:DiscoveryResponse> tag, then the all the visible IdPs of that federation will be included in search results.
All SP software
Your entity will need to be published in at least one federation and include a discovery response binding. See: Enabling OpenAthens Wayfinder
OpenAthens SP and Keystone
You will also need to select the relevant federation(s) in the identity provider section of your connection. If you have added any additional identity providers they will be included.
The OpenAthens federation will not be enabled until your application is published
There are various reasons why an IdP entity might be hidden from Wayfinder using the hide-from-discovery entity category such as:
- IdP is not yet ready to go live / migrate
- IdP is one of our own test / experimental ones
- IdP represents the Service Provider (you wouldn't want to mix up Oxford University Press and Oxford University)
If you don't already have the bookmarklet in your shortcuts bar, get it from https://wayfinder.openathehns.net
- Go to a page on the wayfinder domain and click the bookmarklet. You'll get a message that tells you it's been turned on (or off). It can only be turned on or off on the wayfinder domain, e.g. during a referral. If Wayfinder is embedded in your application you'll need to go to wayfinder.openathens.net first.
- Hidden orgs will now be visible in Wayfinder to you in that browser and indicated by an eye icon.